1. Download Unity 2020 LTS version
2. Setup URP Unity project.
See official Unity documentation. Easiest way to start testing is choosing 3D Sample Scene (URP). They strongly advice to create a brand new project and importing assets (for example from exported .unitypackage) instead of converting the whole project.
Creating a new URP project in unity
3. Download Dreem Creator Plugin
Download and import latest Dreem.Creator plugin.
Place the file in your unity
Proper placement of the Dreem Creator plugin
4. Create your world
Example world created with the Dreem Creator plugin
Be creative & Have Fun!
Your unity scene is your world, you can build almost anything, with only some restrictions.
Make sure your spawn point is at 0,0,0
- Using custom scripts.
- Scene should not contain:
- Canvas, EventSystem, BaseInputModule
- Custom tags or layers.
- Using any built in unity component.
- Only unity Components provided by Metaverse are allowed.
5. Export your world
- Create Dreem World by right clicking in project window Dreem->World.
Creating a Dreem World object
- Name your file.
- Drag and drop your unity scene into
- Click Build button.
Naming your level and buidling it
- Your build files will be located under newly created sub folder with name yourfilename.dreemworld and yourfilename.dreemworld.data
6. Upload your file to Dreem
Your world can be both new realm and extension of existing one. To upload a new realm:
- Visit Dreem Create subpage
- Sign in with your Metamask wallet
- Choose option Create Realm
- Input world information, upload both yourfilename.dreemworld and yourfilename.dreemworld.data files and click Save Draft
Uploading a new realm
To create a realm extension go to Realms webpage, select the realm you want to extend, go to extension tab and click create extension
Browsing realm extensions
Creating a realm extension
Please read the explanation of fields included in creating realm/extension form
7. Play and share
You are all done! Download and play Dreem to test your creations!